Tuesday 28th March 2023, 12:00 – 19:30 | Tokyo, Japan
日時：2023年3月28日(火） 12:00 – 19:30 | 東京都内
Grand Hyatt Tokyo, 6-10-3 Roppongi, Minato-Ku, Tokyo 106-0032 Japan
グランド ハイアット 東京
港区六本木6-10-3, 東京, 日本, 106-0032
Significant numbers of companies and financial institutions have publicly committed to achieve sustainability objectives, including net zero, with over 700 publicly listed companies of the Forbes Global 2000 having committed to net zero. Yet there is significant variability in the quality of these commitments and doubts about their integrity.
On Tuesday 28th March, the Transition Plan Taskforce, together with the Japan Climate Initiative, UN Principles for Responsible Investment, GFANZ, ClientEarth, and the University of Oxford hosted an event to provide participants with a primer on what Transition Plans are, why they are important, the latest regulatory and policy developments relevant to transition plans, and how this is relevant to users and preparers of transition plans in Japan.
Leading international experts explored these topics during an afternoon event in Tokyo on Tuesday 28th March.
- Kimiko Hirata, Executive Director, Climate Integrate
- Tomohiro Ishikawa, Managing Director, MUFG
- Fumihiro Kajikawa, Director, Environmental Economy Office, METI
- Emi Matsukawa, Senior Manager of CDP Worldwide-Japan
- Jacques Morris, Team Leader, Secretariat, Transition Plan Taskforce
- Ira Poensgen, Framework and Guidance Lead, Secretariat, Transition Plan Taskforce
- Tony Rooke, Executive Director and Head of Technical, Net Zero Transition Planning, GFANZ
- Keiko Shiga, General Manager, Environment Section, Sustainability Department at Sony Group Corporation
- Sergio Shigeo Kato, Co-Representative, JCI
- Carine Smith Ihenacho, Chief Governance and Compliance Officer, NBIM
- Kae Takase, Senior Coordinator, Renewable Energy Institute
- Hideki Takada, Director for Strategy Development, Financial Services Agency, Government of Japan
- Rintaro Tamaki, President, Japan Center for International Finance
- Asahi Yamashita, Legal Advisor, ClientEarth
- Tatsuro Yuzawa, Head of Japan, UN PRI
Thank you to everyone who joined us for the fantastic event.
Please see the recording of the event, available in English and Japanese, below: