On Monday 27 February, the TPT was joined by over 350 attendees at the Guildhall, for the first major TPT event of the year ‘TPT in 2023: Moving your business from pledges to plans’. The event featured an insightful discussion with leaders from government, regulators and business on how transition plans drive value creation for businesses across the economy.
The event marked the end of the consultation period and set out the workplan of TPT for 2023, including a number of key announcements about new members and observers to the TPT Delivery Group, a call for proposals for the TPT Sandbox, and new Working Groups on nature, adaptation, and just transition.
This event included:
- Opening remarks by Alderman Alison Gowman, City of London.
- Speeches from TPT Co-Chairs, Amanda Blanc, Aviva CEO, and Baroness Penn, Treasury Lords Minister.
- A panel, moderated by Kate Levick, E3G Associate Director and TPT Secretariat Co-Head, with Sacha Sadan, FCA ESG Director, Tanya Steele, WWF UK CEO, Sarah Breeden, Bank of England Executive Director for Financial Stability, and Graeme Pitkethly, Unilever CFO.
- A fireside chat between Julie Baddeley, Chapter Zero Chair of the Board of Directors, and Rachel McEwen, SSE Chief Sustainability Officer.
- Closing remarks from Dr Ben Caldecott, CGFI Director and Principal Investigator and TPT Secretariat Co-Head.
The evening ended with a drinks and canapes reception where attendees engaged with companies across the economy on transition plans.
You can see the recording of the event here: